Fragenliste fuer das Telefoninterview
Here is a list of questions to ask your potential future Hostfamily:
(Click here for a formatted Word-document that you can print and adjustFragenliste06)
Stadt und Staat
- Age/ Class
- Personality characteristics (what happens if they loose a game; if they don’t get what they want; strict with them; often say no;)
- Special needs, diet, allergies, illness
- Religious? Attend church? Want me to come with you?
- Family activities? Hobbies you enjoy together?
- Their hobbies?
- What are the characteristics of the hostparents?
- How do they get there?
- Where do they work? How far away from home?
- Continuous schedule? When do they leave and when do they come back?
- Full work or part-time work?
- What do they do/work?
- Are you living in a house or an apartment?
- How does the neighborhood look like?
- Parks in the area?
- Beach or lake?
- Do you have a pool?
- Where do the grandparents or other relatives live?
- How is the relationship with other relatives? Are the kids there often?
- My duties?
- Clean up kids rooms?
- How do the kids rooms look like?
- Do you have cleaninglady?
- Vacuum/clean the house?
- Do you have playroom?
- Am I cleaning it up?
- Are the kids supposed to clean up after themselves? (after dinner, snacks etc.)
- I just remind and supervise?
- Typical weekday?
- When get up?
- Make lunch?
- Do I wake them up?
- Am I alone with the kids in morning?
- When does school start?
- Do they take a bus?
- Do I drive them to school?
- From when till when is school?
- After school activities?/ their Hobbies
- What Hobbies and after school activities would they enjoy with me? Art work? Sport in the yard?
- Will I cook dinner?
- Just for kids or for whole family?
- What are you eating in general? Just organic and expensive or regular stop and shop stuff?
- Who makes the grocery shopping?
- What do you want me to do while the kids are in school?
- How many hours during the week?
- Most of the hours during week and almost nothing during weekend or one day off during week and therefore working on the weekend?
- Or are the kids with you every weekend?
- Do I work often in the evening? Babysitting? Kids in bed and I’m just home?
- Do you visit the grandparents often?
- How do you raise your kids? Discipline? What do you focus on?
- Do you say often no?
- Do you want me to discipline too or just remind them with sentences like “you parents would not appreciate that”?
- Can I make decisions like ‘no TV today’ and you back me up?
- What are they doing during summer and other vacation-times?
- Do they have playdates?
- Can I make and plan them with other mothers and other aupairs?
- How many kids come for each playdate?
- How many kids in the neighborhood?
- Any places for kids in the area? (Museum, zoo, parks, aquarium, movie theatre, lake, beach, amusement parks?)
- Do you travel often? Any vacation planed?
- When will I have vacation?
- Am I off on holidays?
- Do you let me join you?
- Have you ever been to Germany?
- Why are you interested in German aupair?
- How many aupairs did you already had?
- Why do you want to get an aupair instead of an American nanny?
- What is an aupair for you?
- Do you have one right now?
- Are you happy with her?
- How many aupairs are in the area?
- How do you like the counselor?
- Name and Number?
- Do I have curfew?
- Other houserules?
- Where in the house is my room?
- Do I share a bathroom?
- Do you have pets?
- Am I responsible for them?
- Do I have an own car?
- Can I use it in my free time and during the weekend?
- Do just I use the car or also the parents?
- Can I just use one car or all the family cars?
- Does the car has restrictions? Curfew or special area?
- How will my first days after arrival look like?
- Can aupair-friends come over to visit me during the day and also stay over night?
- Do you allow visitors from Germany?
- College in the area?
- Do you have internet at home?
- Computer I can use?
- What do you liked about my application that made you call me?